SLALOM s.r.l. is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services
- Where we obtain the data from.
- What we do with that data.
- How we store the data.
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to.
- How we deal with your data protection rights.
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with Irish and EU data protection laws.
SLALOM s.r.l., (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “SLALOM s.r.l.” in this policy) is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about SLALOM s.r.l. customers for the purposes of EU-wide GPDR. SLALOM s.r.l. is registered in Italy, with VAT number 07324360960 and registered offices at Via E.Rossi 69, 20862 Arcore (MB).
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you purchase our products and services (either directly or indirectly through our trusted third-party partners), create an SLALOM s.r.l. account, use our tutorials, use our website and / or App and other websites accessible through our website and / or App, receive our newsletters, participate in a survey or competition, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, passport or other recognized personal ID card numbers and details, VAT numbers, credit/debit card or other payment details.
- Purchase history, including information related to your purchases of our products and services.
- Information you provide about your preferences in your SLALOM s.r.l. account.
- Information about your purchases of our trusted partners’ products and services.
- Information about your participation in our webinars.
- Information about your use of our tutorials and website and/or App.
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, forum, calls, and social media.
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. We may receive updated information about you, such as an updated billing address, from the financial institution or ecommerce platforms issuing your credit card or in connection with our billing for the Services.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for.
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and/or prevent any fraudulent activities
- Administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements.
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us.
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your purchase our products and services to personalize the services we offer to you, such as special offers.
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding product promotions, tutorials, and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at our web and/or App at the purchasing stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can provide you the products and/or services you´ve requested.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation (e.g. taxes or Spanish National Security System).
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses).
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as a company (e.g. for administrative purposes).
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. in relation to tax) or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. For retention of information on your SLALOM s.r.l. account, please see the below section about my SLALOM s.r.l.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimize over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data shall not be shared except:
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the SLALOM s.r.l..
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, and regulators for compliance with legal requirements.
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as consultants, vendors, call centers providing assistance to our customers, cloud storage services, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns.
- Ecommerce platforms, credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment and products and services acquisitions to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact our DPO in the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.